Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PTSD and Society

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Guinevere

1PostSubject: PTSD and Society   Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:30 am

Here we go.... I am a Minister, but not one who goes by only a Man's way of life.  I am guided as to what to teach and what to bring about that will get people to think.
I just posted about something that happened to me way back in 1986.  Yes it was a bad thing and I have PTSD from it still.  Now this subject is ignored by many and told by many to just shut it out, shove it under the rug and to move on.
No matter what happened that you think on the surface, you do not know what it entails or has done under the surface to the person.  You do not know what things it brought that was a good change to them.  Though it may seem that the cange was for the worse....for you...becasue you still do not want to see this.  It still needs to be refreshed a few times and brought back up.  It does happen....mor than you know that it does.
What you see in the news and what the media tells you is false, accusatory and it demeans society as a whole.  
There are more cases than yu will ever know becasue people cannot just come out with this for fear of retubution and being put on the stnd and judged and them made into the victim all over again.
I did not post that post for all to feel sorry for me.....no not at all.  I posted it to let every person who has gone through that that they should come out and speak and tell their stories,,,, not to be shoved under the rug and told to "move on."  There is no real moving on.  There is no real "shoving it under the rug" as if it never happened.
Now in light of that there is other things that are just like that.......there are many people who suffer from PTSD and the effect are the same, no matter what one has gone through.    It is proven that you don't and can't just move on........
Would yu say the same to a military person who has the same PTSD?  Think about it!
What happens when you suppress something.....many of them are taking their own lives becaseu the society that they live in just says......"shove it under the rug and move on."

Society MUST do better than what it is doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
Skytiger

2PostSubject: Re: PTSD and Society   Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:55 am

People tend to want to believe the world is better than it is, thus ignoring others bad experiences in order to keep believing in the fantasy they have built around them. Wrong thing to do. One must accept the bad with the good, doing the best they can when things are bad, and enjoying the good times too.

I wish you only good Lady Guinevere, hating the bad you went through. The things you've done with your life after the horrors you endured are amazingly good. You help others with your online words. Thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin

3PostSubject: Re: PTSD and Society   Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:43 pm

Skytiger wrote:
People tend to want to believe the world is better than it is, thus ignoring others bad experiences in order to keep believing in the fantasy they have built around them. Wrong thing to do. One must accept the bad with the good, doing the best they can when things are bad, and enjoying the good times too.

I wish you only good Lady Guinevere, hating the bad you went through. The things you've done with your life after the horrors you endured are amazingly good. You help others with your online words. Thank you

Hindus and Buddhists feel a sort of bitter-sweet amusement when they read about the publicity "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder" is now getting in the West. It's one of the foundations of their whole view of reality that Karma operates in the lives of all human beings all the time. It's dangerous to deny this, and useless to try to predict where our Karma will take us next. However, we all have free will and the power to control our own actions to a certain extent, which means we can try to work WITH our Karmic destiny rather than against it ... and if we are wise, to accept this destiny with as little emotion as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
Lady Guinevere

4PostSubject: Re: PTSD and Society   Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:59 am

well there is a reason why we are graced with emotions and you cannot go through life without them, no matter how hard that you try.  
I had a past life regression and I was always a Princess in them.  The earliest one that I remembered was that I was a Viking.
Each one that I had except for the last one and I had remembered 3, I was raped.  I don't remember if I ever repented or even forgave the man that did this to me, but I did it in this lifetime.  I am hoping that will stop it and the nxt one will be not haing that issue again.

The more that we shove it under the rug the more it will present itself until it is dealt with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
Realityrebel
Admin

5PostSubject: Re: PTSD and Society   Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:28 am

Lady Guinevere wrote:
well there is a reason why we are graced with emotions and you cannot go through life without them, no matter how hard that you try.  
I had a past life regression and I was always a Princess in them.  The earliest one that I remembered was that I was a Viking.
Each one that I had except for the last one and I had remembered 3, I was raped.  I don't remember if I ever repented or even forgave the man that did this to me, but I did it in this lifetime.  I am hoping that will stop it and the nxt one will be not haing that issue again.

The more that we shove it under the rug the more it will present itself until it is dealt with.

I agree with everything you just said, and I've always felt that this is one of main reasons why the present world-wide civilization took shape in the West over the last few centuries rather than in India or China. We gradually recognized that "the more that we shove it under the rug the more it will present itself until it is dealt with." The Japanese culture has already recognized this, but the rest of the Eastern countries are still struggling to do so,
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
Sponsored content

6PostSubject: Re: PTSD and Society   

Back to top Go down

PTSD and Society
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1