Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Post new topic   Reply to topicShare | 
 

 Tiny Houses

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skytiger

avatar

Posts : 329
Points : 416
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2015-11-07
Age : 67
Location : USA

1PostSubject: Tiny Houses   Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:33 pm

Anybody watch TINY HOUSE NATION? Its about people down sizing from a 2000 sq Ft to 300 sq ft. Lots of different sq footage from the big to the small.
Its on TV on FYI on Wednesday and other nights. I'm fascinated by how the builders can get so much in small footage. Tonight they are building a 400sq Ft home.
The people say they are moving to tiny houses to get out of debt, leave a smaller foot print and help the environment.

Anyway it does give ideas and lets you know what other real life people are doing.

I'm on Cable one and the show is on 1214 in Mississippi, maybe every cable one station, if your interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1044
Points : 1192
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2015-11-05

2PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:49 pm

Skytiger wrote:
Anybody watch TINY HOUSE NATION?  Its about people down sizing from a 2000 sq Ft to 300 sq ft.  Lots of different sq footage from the big to the small.
Its on TV on FYI on Wednesday and other nights. I'm fascinated by how the builders can get so much in small footage. Tonight they are building a 400sq Ft home.
The people say they are moving to tiny houses to get out of debt, leave a smaller foot print and help the environment.

Anyway it does give ideas and lets you know what other real life people are doing.

I'm on Cable one and the show is on 1214 in Mississippi, maybe every cable one station, if your interested.

I live in an apartment that's the size of the tiny houses you're talking about, and am actually more comfortable than I was a few years ago when I shared a large house with a bunch of other people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
Skytiger

avatar

Posts : 329
Points : 416
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2015-11-07
Age : 67
Location : USA

3PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:46 pm

I also think living in a small house with just Pat and Miss BB the cat, to be much better than living with many people or with close neighbors around.
I have the miss fortune of picking up others feelings, both good and bad. Thankfully I learned how to block those feelings in the 70's, however they do breach my shield at times, especially in crowds.
Be so glad when it warms up and we head back to the ranch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1044
Points : 1192
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2015-11-05

4PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:47 pm

Skytiger wrote:
I also think living in a small house with just Pat and Miss BB the cat, to be much better than living with many people or with close neighbors around.
I have the miss fortune of picking up others feelings, both good and bad. Thankfully I learned how to block those feelings in the 70's, however they do breach my shield at times, especially in crowds.
Be so glad when it warms up and we head back to the ranch.

IMO, the four-dimensional structure of physical space-time applies to telepathy and other psychic powers in a very complex way, so being close to people doesn't necessarily increase the amount of unwanted psychic contact with others, nor does being distant from a particular person make such contact difficult or impossible. I have neighbors very close all around me in this apartment house, but I never pick up their dreams or waking thoughts because my subconscious automatically blocks such messages. However, I frequently pick up dreams that seem to come from Siggy the Piggy, who lives clear across the Pacific Ocean from me. "Praise the Lard and Pass the Bacon!"


Last edited by Realityrebel on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
Skytiger

avatar

Posts : 329
Points : 416
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2015-11-07
Age : 67
Location : USA

5PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:15 pm

I rarely pick up thoughts. I do pick up emotions from people. Last week Trump came to town. 13000 people were in the coliseum, with 4 to 5 thousand more supporters outside. The energy was high and positive, which was great for me as the energy made me feel good.

Negative energy, lots of it, makes me negative. The reason I shield myself and prefer living way out in the boonies far far away from crowds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BSSM



Posts : 19
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-11-29

6PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:58 pm

Energy, even when positive can sometimes be not so positive. My roomie and myself attended a "Hillsong" service. Bright lights, dazzling music and people screaming. Jebus, it sounded more like Justin Bieber Suspect was performing. This was supposedly a church service.

My roomie explained it as 'mass euphoria' and it is short lived. Pretty much like a line of cocaine. It feels really good when it's happening but you land with a thud. I will be upfront and admit I despise Trump, so I'm slightly biased in my assessment of the positive energy you witnessed. But I have seen this type of energy happen in various venues and the outcome is usually the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4play



Posts : 8
Points : 31
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2015-11-06

7PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:00 am

Skytiger wrote:

Negative energy, lots of it, makes me negative.  The reason I shield myself and prefer living way out in the boonies far far away from crowds.




Sky, how does this reflect on your belief that you are spiritual?

I've always found it's easy to get along with oneself but the real test of a spiritual person/nature is how one deals/copes with the negatives of others.

do you not feel that's true or necessary?

----------
BSSM wrote:
This was supposedly a church service


OMG B! you went to a Pentecostal megachurch?  ..were they all standing in a daze and waving their arms at the sky?   flower   lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BSSM



Posts : 19
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-11-29

8PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:12 am

Yes, yes they were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skytiger

avatar

Posts : 329
Points : 416
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2015-11-07
Age : 67
Location : USA

9PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:09 am

BSSM
I was not at the Trump event. I was about 1 mile away. I've always been really sensitive to the 'vibes' people have, both positive and negative, which are especially strong from a large group. Just the way I am. Frankly I thought everyone was like me, able to feel others pain or joy, to know what was going on in their lives.

4play
I believe we are all spiritual beings experiencing a human life. Each of us are able to access our spirituality, however some of us are so involved in the human life that we forget who we really are.
I admit I'm more concerned and connected with our planet and everything here other than humans.
Blocking negativity of others is how I 'deal' with angry people.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1044
Points : 1192
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2015-11-05

10PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:01 am

BSSM, #6, re: "Energy, even when positive can sometimes be not so positive. My roomie and myself attended a 'Hillsong' service. Bright lights, dazzling music and people screaming. Jebus, it sounded more like Justin Bieber Suspect was performing. This was supposedly a church service."

Have you ever seen the old "Elmer Gantry" movie? This gives good insight into into both the strategy and the tactics of a lot of Christian Fundy evangelists and other church leaders:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Gantry_(film)

re: "My roomie explained it as 'mass euphoria' and it is short lived. Pretty much like a line of cocaine. It feels really good when it's happening but you land with a thud. I will be upfront and admit I despise Trump, so I'm slightly biased in my assessment of the positive energy you witnessed. But I have seen this type of energy happen in various venues and the outcome is usually the same"

I believe it would be a disaster for the USA if Donald Trump were elected President, simply because he's manifestly unqualified for the job, and I'm also emotionally turned off by the persona he projects in public, so I strongly agree with you when you say you "despise" him. However, I hope he gets the Republican nomination, because he has less chance of getting elected than any of the moderate or extreme conservatives who are running against him. But I'm not at all surprised that he gets such good reactions from his audience when he speaks in public. One reason is that he always keeps control over who is allowed to attend, and has anyone who protests while he's speaking forecably ejected, and another is that he's better at public speaking than almost any politician, simply because of his background as an entertainer on reality shows than the like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
Realityrebel
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1044
Points : 1192
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2015-11-05

11PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:02 am

4play, #7, re: "I've always found it's easy to get along with oneself but the real test of a spiritual person/nature is how one deals/copes with the negatives of others."

IMO, being "a spiritual person" has less to do with how you relate to others, than it does to the relationship between your conscious and your subconscious. To me, "spiritual" people are those who frequently listen to the up-wellings from their subconscious, and "rational" or "pragmatic" people are those who tend to ignore them and make decisions with their conscious intellect alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
4play



Posts : 8
Points : 31
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2015-11-06

12PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:31 am

SR



becoming Self-aware or Self-awareness (what I believe you are calling up-wellings) is a large part of the spiritual process but the actions define it. one can't say they are spiritual bc in their subconscious they are able to know something is wrong yet still rob the bank. what we do with that internal battle of 'our will'' and the 'right thing' is what makes us spiritual. the action

Think of it this way....if it wasn't why would Sky bother with 'a course in miracles'....it is meant to teach us how to see things and then act.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skytiger

avatar

Posts : 329
Points : 416
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2015-11-07
Age : 67
Location : USA

13PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:29 am

ACIM says some very profound things AND lots of nonsense, at least to me.
I also find the same in Urancha (probably miss spelled that), the Bible, and other 'divinely inspired' books.  l take what makes sense to me or I'm drawn to, and leave the rest.
In my ACIM class I would bring up subjects before anyone, myself included, read basically the same thing in ACIM. There were a few of us who did this.

As far as me being Spiritual, I'm not anymore Spiritual than anyone else. We are all Spiritual Beings. Most forget this completely when they enter into their body they inhabit here in the material world.
The difference between people, some listen to their guides which keeps one more in touch with the spiritual, and some of us, like RR and I and many more simply remember the spirit world and listen to our guides.

Earth is a lab we come to to put into action what we learn in Spirit. We're all students and teachers here, hopefully helping each other.

Plus we're all in different classrooms, like the black life or white life, the Christian or the Buddhist and all the other beliefs including atheist.

The thing is, after all the arguing, demanding, knowing and false hatred- only love is left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4play



Posts : 8
Points : 31
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2015-11-06

14PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:59 am

Quote :
We are all Spiritual Beings



this, to me, has always been a bunch of woowoo....something deepak chopra would spout

I cant see how evolution could account for it other than as I said earlier, out of necessity....self-created.

and for some to try to say its a super-natural thing it first must have something tangible attached to it for that claim to be considered otherwise it can be dismissed as just as easily as it is suggested....no validity,....so spirituality (as hard as it is to describe) must be something else and the best answer, imo, is simply trusting to do then learning thru our actions what our (as SR said) subconscious tries to tell us....even tho we fight it, bc we are actually (from birth) SELFISH beings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skytiger

avatar

Posts : 329
Points : 416
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2015-11-07
Age : 67
Location : USA

15PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:24 am

Selfish is something we all experience, just as Selfless is something we all experience.

Supernatural IMO is simply something some don't understand completely. We may never understand it completely while in the material.
IMO its more real than the material.

I've found it is impossible to explain to those who cannot believe in something outside their 5 senses.
I could give you the names of books written by those who have had NDE near death experiences, or by hypnotherapists who have done past life regressions on thousands of people. I could tell you my memories.

I think its something you would have to experience yourself to understand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
4play



Posts : 8
Points : 31
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2015-11-06

16PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:35 am

Quote :
Supernatural IMO is simply something some don't understand completely.


no Sky, that really doesn't cut it. Something without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

it's not the same as throwing a ball in the air and wondering why it drops...that shows something tangible.

with super-natural stuff there's nothing that shows it falls to the ground, or in other words, nothing that needs explaining....there's just nothing there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skytiger

avatar

Posts : 329
Points : 416
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2015-11-07
Age : 67
Location : USA

17PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:04 pm

There's a lot there. Frankly if I believed like you do, I would see no reason to live. Life becomes this horrific joke, only allowed to exist a few years, then nothing.

I ware born knowing, remembering my true home of spirit. IMO this is not all there is, just a classroom we come to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1044
Points : 1192
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2015-11-05

18PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:39 pm

4play wrote:
Quote :
Supernatural IMO is simply something some don't understand completely.


no Sky, that really doesn't cut it. Something without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

it's not the same as throwing a ball in the air and wondering why it drops...that shows something tangible.

with super-natural stuff there's nothing that shows it falls to the ground, or in other words, nothing that needs explaining....there's just nothing there.

It looks to me like discussing the supernatural or paranormal with you is like trying to explain blue to a blind man. There is plenty of evidence to support phenomena such as reincarnation, telepathy, astral projection, remote viewing, etc. but it all depends on having experiences that people like Sky and I have and you don't have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
4play



Posts : 8
Points : 31
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2015-11-06

19PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:06 pm

Quote :
only allowed to exist

yup, we're like trees with legs Sky, no more lol...we make purpose, we're not here for one. affraid... sad but true.





SR, you know you can't use personal experiences as evidence. Firstly, there's no way to confirm it and it usually grows in the mind with time...just like that fish I caught lol...2nd, out thoughts play tricks ...just like Synesthesiacs taste blue, smell words and see sounds....the brain is more complex than we can even imagine.


but enough of it. I dont know how we got to here and we've all done this walk together for years now and there's nothing new under the bridge so movin on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1044
Points : 1192
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2015-11-05

20PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:48 pm

4play, #19, re: "Quote: 'only allowed to exist' yup, we're like trees with legs Sky, no more lol ... we make purpose, we're not here for one. afraid... sad but true."

Even if trees had legs, they wouldn't be able to run away when someone approached with an axe, because they don't have self-awareness and free will. However, humans do have them and can change the course of future events. And "making purpose" is exactly the same as being "here for one".

re: "SR, you know you can't use personal experiences as evidence. Firstly, there's no way to confirm it and it usually grows in the mind with time... just like that fish I caught lol... 2nd, out thoughts play tricks ... just like Synesthesiacs taste blue, smell words and see sounds ... the brain is more complex than we can even imagine."

It looks to me like personal experience can indeed be used as evidence some of the time, and it doesn't matter that it can't be used all of the time.

re: "but enough of it. I dont know how we got to here and we've all done this walk together for years now and there's nothing new under the bridge so movin on."

It looks to me like Sky and I are trying to move towards answers to our questions about the nature of reality and you are trying to move away from them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
4play



Posts : 8
Points : 31
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2015-11-06

21PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Quote :
It looks to me like Sky and I are trying to move towards answers to our questions about the nature of reality



not to me.

to me it looks like you want to rationalize your own beliefs bc you will never challenge your own thoughts. It is not a rational position to think life lives after death yet bc you believe what your brain makes you think you refuse to try to understand how the brain works and rather go off looking for ppl with the same (lets call it) syndrome to try to validate your claims (beliefs), rather than what science may say.

that would really be seeking truth, imo.

I was like that once...ignoring stuff simply bc other things seemed so real...but bc I couldnt get past 'rational' I never stopped trying to debunk my own beliefs and experiences (bc I wanted to be sure) and I found other more rational reasons for these things.

but thats not saying quit looking it just means its better to be sure so better to seek all avenues earnestly before concluding what the mind tries to tell you. and dont try to say you have bc no one will come away feeling the same way if they do.




BTW Sky. It's rick/Do speaking to you lol, per usual tongue ...I just helped SR build the group (under this name) bc it was pretty confusing for him at first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1044
Points : 1192
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2015-11-05

22PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:50 pm

4play, #21, re: "[my statement:] 'It looks to me like Sky and I are trying to move towards answers to our questions about the nature of reality' not to me. to me it looks like you want to rationalize your own beliefs bc you will never challenge your own thoughts. It is not a rational position to think life lives after death yet bc you believe what your brain makes you think you refuse to try to understand how the brain works and rather go off looking for ppl with the same (lets call it) syndrome to try to validate your claims (beliefs), rather than what science may say. that would really be seeking truth, imo."

What Sky and I (and at least four of the other people who post on this group) are seeking answers about are what seem to be memories of having lived past lives or being conscious in a disembodied state. I think of this as being input from my psychic senses, comparable to the physical sensory input received through sight or hearing. People with a scientistic mentality interpret this input as some sort of brain malfunction, but there have always been scientists willing to consider it valid. So it's really a matter of opinion, not hard fact.

re: "I was like that once...ignoring stuff simply bc other things seemed so real...but bc I couldnt get past 'rational' I never stopped trying to debunk my own beliefs and experiences (bc I wanted to be sure) and I found other more rational reasons for these things. but thats not saying quit looking it just means its better to be sure so better to seek all avenues earnestly before concluding what the mind tries to tell you. and dont try to say you have bc no one will come away feeling the same way if they do."

No, it looks to me like you are the one who's closing your mind to input other people genuinely receive, just because you don't receive it yourself. This is why I keep using the "blue to a blind man" analogy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
4play



Posts : 8
Points : 31
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2015-11-06

23PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:38 pm

you haven't ''genuinely received'' anything, you only ''think'' you have, like I was saying, otherwise you could prove it, SR.

but I don't wanna play this he says she says. wasnt my intention so best I stop here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1044
Points : 1192
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2015-11-05

24PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:46 am

4play wrote:
you haven't ''genuinely received'' anything, you only ''think'' you have, like I was saying, otherwise you could prove it, SR.

but I don't wanna play this he says she says. wasnt my intention so best I stop here.

IMHO, just the fact that I'm sitting here at my computer in the middle of the night
typing this proves that I've "genuinely received" something ... at least something
more than what's being received right now by the homeless people who are sleeping
under the tracks down by the West Oakland Bart Station.

And I assume you visit here occasionally just to get exposed to a wider range of
ideas and opinions than you can find on the venues that I've been banned from
and you haven't. If your mind wasn't open to that extent, you'd probably still be
a Christian instead of a Scientistic Fundy, which from my viewpoint is a significant
step forward in the direction of personal liberation.



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
BigK



Posts : 38
Points : 60
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2016-01-05

25PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:44 am

Skytiger wrote:
Selfish is something we all experience, just as Selfless is something we all experience.

Supernatural IMO is simply something some don't understand completely. We may never understand it completely while in the material.
IMO its more real than the material.

I've found it is impossible to explain to those who cannot believe in something outside their 5 senses.
I could give you the names of books written by those who have had NDE near death experiences, or by hypnotherapists who have done past life regressions on thousands of people. I could tell you my memories.

I think its something you would have to experience yourself to understand.


Here I am "Johnie come lately" to this message thread, I have read with interest the previous posts and was going to withhold comment until after completing however this one Sky caught my attention and I must "chime in" here..

and of course this is only my opinion and how I see things however "Supernatural" seems to be what others might not understand or outside the realm of Scientific measurement but to some of us these experiences are normal and accessible at times..

My first glimpse into one of the "hidden realms" happened when I was about 5 or 6 years old, by myself of course however I did see a steady progression of "little beings" pass in front of me, a line of them, no I was not dreaming, I watched 'terrified" and afraid to move at the time for what seemed like 1/2 hour with them passing in front of me.

I have had numerous occasion and encounters with apparitions, Spirits or whatever one might call them, way too many to count over my lifetime.I also have visited other realms and telepathically communicated with others on several levels and at different times.

In the delivery room Sept, 1973 my first Son when born when his head popped out of my wife (even before the rest of his body) his eyes opened and what appeared like two extremely bright laser beams shot between the eyes of the two of us..tell me that wasn't freaky or some sign of recognition...

I have had hundreds of out of the body experiences mainly due to dis-associative drugs in the early to mid 70's.. when one is separate from the body all things become apparent, you realize and see things as they actually are..anyone who has taken any LSD might have also observed that things are not as they appear to be when only using our 5 physical senses.. we can realize that we are just minute parts of a truly wonderful existence but highly limited by the restrictions placed upon us when we allow only our 5 senses to be our sole source of revelation..
I'm a questioner, a searcher, one who has been on a life time exploration and observation, I wouldn't have traded this life experience with any other human.. that I was allowed to travel between here (Earth body) and going over to where all the answers dwell has been truly enlightening for me..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




26PostSubject: Re: Tiny Houses   

Back to top Go down
 
Tiny Houses
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Worst snow to hit Britain in 18 years
» UK Goverment To Sell White Cliffs of Dover
» Millwall Fans......
» Tory MP uses off-shore Company to buy second home
» POLICE REFUSED PERMISSION TO SEARCH 3 HOUSES

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Reality Rebel :: Discussions :: General-
Post new topic   Reply to topicJump to: