Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Post new topic   Reply to topicShare | 
 

 I'm proud to be in the 2%

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skytiger

avatar

Posts : 329
Points : 416
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2015-11-07
Age : 67
Location : USA

1PostSubject: I'm proud to be in the 2%   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:53 am

I am proud to say I am part of the 2% in the USA.
I realized that the majority worked in towns and cities, mostly inside jobs. Others, like truckers, carry all sorts of things to people everywhere.
What I didn't realize - only 2% of the population raise crops and livestock that feed themselves and the other 98%. I thought there were more of us Shocked
Farming and Ranching are also in the top 4% of dangerous jobs. That I knew. Been run over by calves, horses as well as thrown off by the later.
I and those like me, would never trade farming and ranching for a town job. The worst thing I know of, having worked in town, is being cooped up in an office all day with loud machines, noisy people, and little if any fresh air.

cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1044
Points : 1192
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2015-11-05

2PostSubject: Re: I'm proud to be in the 2%   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:35 pm

Skytiger wrote:
I am proud to say I am part of the 2% in the USA.
I realized that the majority worked in towns and cities, mostly inside jobs. Others, like truckers, carry all sorts of things to people everywhere.
What I didn't realize - only 2% of the population raise crops and livestock that feed themselves and the other 98%. I thought there were more of us Shocked
Farming and Ranching are also in the top 4% of dangerous jobs. That I knew. Been run over by calves, horses as well as thrown off by the later.
I and those like me, would never trade farming and ranching for a town job. The worst thing I know of, having worked in town, is being cooped up in an office all day with loud machines, noisy people, and little if any fresh air.

cat

I did farming for a total of about ten years back in the Seventies and Eighties, but always on rented land with me or my wife working full time at a "day job", usually in the computer field, and it looks to me like majority of Americans who work small farms are forced to do to also work on the side. I also wonder if the employees of the big corporate agrobusiness are counted as farmers in the surveys or as industrial workers, since most of them are both at the same time. In any case, though I wonder why this vital 2% of the population gets so little positive media coverage...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
 
I'm proud to be in the 2%
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Weiner, standing proud and erect, throbbing with hope, prepares to plunge in.
» PROUD MARY in Suddenly Susan
» The lost Taino Tribe I'm proud to be a Taino Indian descendant (VIDEO & PHOTOS)

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Reality Rebel :: Discussions :: General-
Post new topic   Reply to topicJump to: