Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where do we go after Death

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lady Guinevere

26PostSubject: Re: Where do we go after Death   Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:55 am

I was once asked by a Catholic Priest, who was interviewing me for my annulment before I would marry my Catholic husband, how I am able to smile all the time.  I just told him that I don't put onto others what I have gone through.  
When I was alled to be a minister, I knew that I had to leave the catholic church and did ask my husband for permission to do so.  It is a difference of opinion for me and him.  Nothing more.  It is mannerly to aks first.  It would not have changed my decision because it did not happen the I was doing this for selfish reasons.  
I was called to spread the word and the truth and th light......not the way the modern day church or the clergy that Jesus talks about being all traditional.  In fact I was told strictly that I was not to convert anyone.  
So as a minister in the Universal Life Church, I embrace all walks of live, all paths and all peoples and cultures and genders.  We are all the same under the guise of our human body/machine. 
I don't like what my life purpose is, but it is what it is.  I am to go through things and to learn about who and what we really are all about and then after those have come through to turn around and tech those precepts to others and help them who are about to or are going through similar things.  I don't think that I chose to do this, but this is my purpose.

I thank you all for your compliments because it is the only way that I know I have accomplished something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
Realityrebel
Admin

27PostSubject: Re: Where do we go after Death   Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:29 pm

LadyG, #26, re: "So as a minister in the Universal Life Church, I embrace all walks of life, all paths and all peoples and cultures and genders.  We are all the same under the guise of our human body/machine. I don't like what my life purpose is, but it is what it is.  I am to go through things and to learn about who and what we really are all about and then after those have come through to turn around and teach those precepts to others and help them who are about to or are going through similar things. I don't think that I chose to do this, but this is my purpose."

I frequently express exactly these same views in my forum messages, using a variety of different wordings, and I'm glad the Information Revolution is carrying the Internet in directions that allow us to post freely on the same venues together. The only difference between us is that I have clear past life and pre life memories that explain why I do this, so I rarely write about anything else, nor have I ever "had a life" unrelated to my primary mission of learning and teaching about "the nature of spiritul reality."

Ironically enough, I was the only one in my particular sector of the Occult/Counterculture community who didn't become a minister in the Universal Life Church when it was in its formative stages during the Sixties. At that time, anyone could be ordained simply by mailing a request to Rev. Hensley's post office box. Six of us made our requests in the same letter, and ordination certificates were promptly mailed back for the other five. I've never known why I didn't get one, but I took this as a sign that this was part of my karmic destiny, and never reapplied. And even though I was one of the people who helped found the New Age and Neo Pagan movements in the Sixties and Seventies, I was never willing to take any formal initiations or become a "card carrying member" of any groups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
Lady Guinevere

28PostSubject: Re: Where do we go after Death   Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:06 am

Are you sure that you are not mixing up the Universal Life Church and the Universel Unitarian Church?  They are different.
People assume, like you just did, that mailing in a request to be a ministier is all that is needed.  YOU ARE SO WRONG!!!!
I have never been a part of any Occult group.  
I got my certificate in 2004, not in the 70's or before.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin

29PostSubject: Re: Where do we go after Death   Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:38 am

Lady Guinevere wrote:
Are you sure that you are not mixing up the Universal Life Church and the Universel Unitarian Church?  They are different.
People assume, like you just did, that mailing in a request to be a ministier is all that is needed.  YOU ARE SO WRONG!!!!
I have never been a part of any Occult group.  
I got my certificate in 2004, not in the 70's or before.

I am aware that the Universal Life Church today is quite different from what it was at the time I mentioned above, but back then, people could indeed get ordained as a minister just by mailing in a request. And this experience is the main reason why I've never been a formal member of any Occult or religious group nor held any kind of certification as a minister or teacher.
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

30PostSubject: Re: Where do we go after Death   Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:39 pm

Mailing in a request is only the first step.  It takes up to a year before you actually get your certificate.  They do have you write a 5000 word thesis at the end of their requirements and that takes a long time for the approval process.  They look into your whole life to see if you are qualifiable (sp).

You can go to seminary or not.  I didn't want to go to seminary becasue the first thing that they teach you is about money and finances for your business.  I am not in it to make money off of people and to damn them to hell if they chose not to pay the guilt trip that most clergy do.  They are taught to do that.  

I would post my certificate, but don'thave the time to learn how to upload it right now.
Back to top Go down
Patty

31PostSubject: Re: Where do we go after Death   Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:33 am

I don't need to see your certificate. I can see the fruit that you produce and I am clear on who you are and what you stand for.

thanks for all you do to help

Patty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin

32PostSubject: Re: Where do we go after Death   Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Patty wrote:
I don't need to see your certificate.  I can see the fruit that you produce and I am clear on who you are and what you stand for.

thanks for all you do to help

Patty

I'll give that a hearty second, and add that spiritual teachings always stand or fall on their own merits, regardless of the teacher's credentials or theoretical background ... and those of yours that I've seen are in the former category.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin

33PostSubject: Re: Where do we go after Death   Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:09 am

Patty wrote:
I agree.  my own awakening happened at the age of 16.  It started with hearing the voice of Jesus.  after many years as a christian I heard the voice again tell me to pick up a book from Deepak Chopra on how to know God.  I fought at first saying to myself that I already knew him, however picking up that book was the best thing I ever did.  It brought me to the world of sub atomic particles and quantum mechanics and I started to see spirit on more of a level of the unseen world.

I'm lucky enough to be blessed with past-life and pre-life memories that I started gaining significant access to in early childhood and to have chosen to incarnate in a family of Spiritualist who encouraged me to make use of this gift. However, the more I learn about the nature of spiritual reality, the more responsible I feel for making positive use of my knowledge and skills. And I can't put the reasons for this in words, but part of this responsibility involves not making a serious study of science or getting deeply involved with either the consumption or production of fiction or poetry.
Back to top Go down
Elijah Sigmund

34PostSubject: froggy and me   Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:56 am

I am here because I have a need to post
and access to my forum is denied me
we are told to test the spirits so please
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin

35PostSubject: Re: Where do we go after Death   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:50 am

Elijah Sigmund wrote:
I am here because I have a need to post
and access to my forum is denied me
we are told to test the spirits so please

I just visited your ESOTS Community and it looks like you posted there after you posted the above, so I'm going back there now and post replies.

And I hope your recent problem isn't a sign that Yuku is going to get screwed up again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

36PostSubject: Re: Where do we go after Death   

Back to top Go down

Where do we go after Death
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2