Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

France Attacked

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Realityrebel
Admin

26PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:18 am

Sigmund Ivarsson wrote:
I suggest you read the text of
la Marseillaise and translate it
people were singing it with
obvious transport all over
the world in stadiums

Here's a link Julie posted over on your ESOTS Community that contains the complete text of the French National Anthem and a line-by-line English translation:

http://lyricstranslate.com/en/la-marseillaise-song-marseille.html

And I'd also like to import some messages from your "Il y aura du boudin" thread that are even more relevant to this discussion:

SigmundIvarsson
Il y aura du boudin
Lead
11/16/15 16:21:09

The foreign legion of
France has a song for
when they go to battle
it says there is going
to be blood sausage

SigmundIvarsson
11/17/15 13:59:18

Send in the French
foreign legion into
Syria it will send
fear into ISIS

SigmundIvarsson
11/18/15 08:43:43

I'l y aura du boudin.
he who to reads this
with understanding
will know the future
reach for dictionaries
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
regmelocco

27PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:10 am

One remark to the hymn: la Patrie is translated as Fatherland, and it could just as well be Motherland since it is feminine in French.
The later part of the hymn is more encouraging as it definitely encourages development against royalty and the dominator model. I learned the first part by heart early in my youth, though a couple of words were amiss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin

28PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:24 am

regmelocco wrote:
One remark to the hymn: la Patrie is translated as Fatherland, and it could just as well be Motherland since it is feminine in French.
The later part of the hymn is more encouraging as it definitely encourages development against royalty and the dominator model. I learned the first part by heart early in my youth, though a couple of words were amiss.

No, "patrie" came into French from Latin, where it was "patria" derived from "pater" ("father") and the "ia" suffix used to mark a noun as the name of a place, ideology, etc. There's a well-known Latin slogan, "Dulce et decorum est pro patria morir" (It is sweet and fitting to die for the fatherland"). Such nouns in both Latin and French are always feminine in grammatical gender, no matter what the gender of the noun they were derived from.
Back to top Go down
Sigmund Ivarsson

29PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:27 pm

well it is automatic for me to understand. But it still is a bloody song.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin

30PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:22 pm

Sigmund Ivarsson wrote:
well it is automatic for me to understand. But it still is a bloody song.

Yes, of course it's bloody, and of course the old idea of "It is sweet and fitting to die for your country" never died out in France after the Roman Empire fell. It was there all through the Middle Ages and actually gained strength after gunpowder came into use at the beginning of the Modern Era. So yes, it's a bloody song. But your Foreign Legion song is bloodier still, and I'm afraid that it's the only approach to DAESH/ISIS that stands much chance of working.

It's easy to imagine soldiers the Islamic militants dismiss as weak and cowardly turning them into "blood sausage" ... and perhaps feeding whatever is left of them to swine...

Back to top Go down
Sigmund Ivarsson

31PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:44 pm

The foreign legion is the only
army feared by the arabs
even the Russians could not
inspire fear or terror in them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigmund Ivarsson

32PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:57 pm

check out the speech on Islam
from the river war made over
one hundred years ago by Churchill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady Guinevere

33PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:58 am

Well I watched the news about the people that shot them up and how old they were.  The main guy was only ****28 years old****.  France did it right..they shot them all dead on their own soil.  France did not send any of theor troops to the murders home land.  I commend France for seeking them out and killing them before they left their country.
The USA on the other hand wants to be a bully and go after those who terrorize us on their soil.  We are supposed to be ADULT enough to take care of our own land.  So why don't we?  We are not showing any maturity to those who terrorize us and those who are the terrorist KNOW this.  
When are we going to control our children??????

Go France!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
Realityrebel
Admin

34PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:34 am

Sigmund Ivarsson wrote:
The foreign legion is the only
army feared by the arabs
even the Russians could not
inspire fear or terror in them

I've always suspected the reason the Arabs fear the French Foreign Legion so much is that it's traditionally been organized much as the medieval Crusades were, with a cadre of important officers passing down orders from a central authority (the French government or the Vatican) to an army that essentially runs itself from the bottom up. Such armies have existed throughout history (both Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar led one), and have always been famous for their military success and infamous for their brutality. This is why so much of today's Islamic militant propaganda call the enemy "crusaders".
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin

35PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:57 am

Sigmund Ivarsson wrote:
check out the speech on Islam
from the river war made over
one hundred years ago by Churchill

I've read a lot of Winston Churchill's writings and even though he called himself a conservative, he was actually one of history's best examples of what I would call a "radical futurist". Now RCSCWC hates him with a passion, as he's stated in quite a few forum messages over the last few years, and I agree that most of what he says is true, but I also have to admit that Churchill expressed a lot of opinions that I strongly disagreed with when I first read them, but later was forced to agree with him. The view of Islam described in this speech is one of them.

Snopes has as good a summation of the facts about this speech as I've seen, including a copy of the very short text itself.

"I am sending the attached short speech from Winston Churchill, delivered by him in 1899 when he was a young soldier and journalist. It probably sets out the current views of many but expressed in the wonderful Churchillian turn of phrase and use of the English language, of which he was a past master. Sir Winston Churchill was, without doubt, one of the greatest men of the late 19th and 20th centuries."

speech

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/churchillislam.asp
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin

36PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:37 am

Lady Guinevere wrote:
Well I watched the news about the people that shot them up and how old they were.  The main guy was only ****28 years old****.  France did it right..they shot them all dead on their own soil.  France did not send any of theor troops to the murders home land.  I commend France for seeking them out and killing them before they left their country.
The USA on the other hand wants to be a bully and go after those who terrorize us on their soil.  We are supposed to be ADULT enough to take care of our own land.  So why don't we?  We are not showing any maturity to those who terrorize us and those who are the terrorist KNOW this.  
When are we going to control our children??????

Go France!!!!

I agree with everything you just said, and IMO, "the war against terrorism" is a very different type of conflict than most Americans believe it is. The most important cause of the conflict is not over religion, but over who controls the large tracts of territory in the Middle East and North Africa that contain very large and valuable oil deposits. The second cause is the fear by big governments all over the world that WMDs, especially nuclear ones, will get into the hands of small governments and non-governmental organizations. And the third cause is the existence of the State of Israel as a Jewish homeland.

The struggle over oil is actually short-term and will solve itself fairly soon as technological progress creates alternative energy sources. However, this issue takes top priority right now because both governments and business communities all over the world are significantly affected by the price of oil on a day to day basis. The fear of WMDs is real, but IMO, totally unsolvable on either a short term or a long term basis. It's something the entire human race on Earth simply must learn to live with. And the only way there can ever be true peace in Palestine is either for all Jews to leave what is now Israel and give the land back to the Muslims, or for there to be nuclear war in the area that kills off most of the present inhabitants and forces the rest to flee the resulting radioactive waste. Even if such a war doesn't escalate into nuclear world war, it will still probably trigger a wave of world-wide anti-Semitism against both Jews and Muslims that will last for centuries. So it's probably best for both the Western World and the Islamic World to become willing to live with a divided Palestine where Jews and Muslims coexist in a state of controlled conflict.
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

37PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:54 am

These ones that are doing the attacking are not fully adults and that is my point.  All of them are under the age of 30. It doesn't seem to matter what nationality or religion or creed that they are.
Do your studying on the brain to find that answer....puleeze.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin

38PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:05 am

Lady Guinevere wrote:
These ones that are doing the attacking are not fully adults and that is my point.  All of them are under the age of 30. It doesn't seem to matter what nationality or religion or creed that they are.
Do your studying on the brain to find that answer....puleeze.

I agree that this is the only practical solution for these problems, and it looks to me like some of the necessary breakthroughs in "how the brain works" are being made even as we discuss this ... but if this information is being published I have yet to read about it.

Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

39PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:13 am

It is published all over the place and you need to read past the first line of any news article that is out there on these attacks.  It is not only ISLAM but America and all over.
I would give you some links, but as you told me once before you would not read them, so I will not.  You learn to do research and stop making accusations and comong off as you know things, and then telling us that you don't and wont.  Ok I am done here for today....so that I can cool down.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin

40PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:53 am

Lady Guinevere wrote:
It is published all over the place and you need to read past the first line of any news article that is out there on these attacks.  It is not only ISLAM but America and all over.
I would give you some links, but as you told me once before you would not read them, so I will not.  You learn to do research and stop making accusations and comong off as you know things, and then telling us that you don't and wont.  Ok I am done here for today....so that I can cool down.

I'm interested in engaging in one-on-one forum discussions with you, but don't have the time and energy to read your longer writings. However, it's fine with me if you advertise them on these boards, and I'm also willing to read short excerpts or paraphrases from them that you post here and make any comments I feel are appropriate.
Back to top Go down
regmelocco

41PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:52 pm

Now Belgium is attacked and they pretty much caught them in preparation before they could blow up several bombs and start shooting ppl in Bruxelles. Seems like intel is finally doing its job particularly since the French attacks were partly masterminded from Belgium. I suppose they also simply have more security in the EU's capital... though even churches were empty tonight and police were stopping surface transportation vehicles.
In the US, I think it is harder and harder to get into the country w/o adequate checking which is not bad. The odd part is that when I checked in at the Boston Logan Airport in April, there were two attendants with clear Muslim insignia guarding the citizens' row. One was wearing a hand of Fatima in her neck, another was in a head scarf. So there may be actually a problem with the general attitude... The elderly gentleman who interviewed me briefly sounded very much on the spot though.
I suppose the NSA can intercept all comms now - which is not actually as bad as many think. Should they monitor communication in mosques which they are legally not supposed to do, we would be quite prepared. I would think if a few major attempts are foiled while Obama is still POTUS, Dems may win the elections. But a single case with body bags would be too much in an election year.
If intelligence would listen to astrological forecasts, they would be on high alert (after the present transit which lasts though Christmas into the early next year) from February 22, then especially from 4/17/16 on because the sign means Islam, Mars is retrograde with Saturn. Thn July 4th is a sensitive time, then the last part of August will be bad just as it was this past summer from the 15th up... But hot war in the ME and the Mediterranean may only really start from 2017. I'd be surprised if it didn't.
As a result, like SR argued in another thread (Is Islam a political ideology), Islam would be --- looked upon as weird after they try to reconquer Israel which is not going to go without exploding major atomics themselves.
I'm more optimistic in India. There are good examples of Muslims having a high social status and who are totally accepted as parts of Indian culture, though it is true that some Muslim populations are victimized but these are not the type of people you can train to grab arms.
Years ago I was asked a question by free spirits: whether an impending conflict should rather strike in India/Pakistan in my opinion or the ME. I voted for the ME... don't know what this experience really meant but it sounded ominous at the time.
I kind of hope the Pyramids of Egypt would survive. They already went through a lot of stuff...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin

42PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:33 pm

reg, #41, re: "Now Belgium is attacked and they pretty much caught them in preparation before they could blow up several bombs and start shooting ppl in Bruxelles. Seems like intel is finally doing its job particularly since the French attacks were partly masterminded from Belgium. I suppose they also simply have more security in the EU's capital... though even churches were empty tonight and police were stopping surface transportation vehicles."

If I were planning the Western response to the current DAESH/ISIS attacks, I would start by turning a guerrilla army's greatest strength into a weakness by infiltrating the ememy's ranks with as many informers as possible. And I would also allow them to hack into what look from the outside like secure Deep Net communications facilities ... which would actually be completely transparent to our side. And from what I've seen so far, every country in the EU has already been doing both for some time. This doesn't prevent attacks like the one on 11/13/15, but it makes it dificult for the enemy to coordinate them into meaningful urban guerrilla warefare on a national or international scale.

re: "In the US, I think it is harder and harder to get into the country w/o adequate checking which is not bad. The odd part is that when I checked in at the Boston Logan Airport in April, there were two attendants with clear Muslim insignia guarding the citizens' row. One was wearing a hand of Fatima in her neck, another was in a head scarf. So there may be actually a problem with the general attitude... The elderly gentleman who interviewed me briefly sounded very much on the spot though. I suppose the NSA can intercept all comms now - which is not actually as bad as many think. Should they monitor communication in mosques which they are legally not supposed to do, we would be quite prepared. I would think if a few major attempts are foiled while Obama is still POTUS, Dems may win the elections. But a single case with body bags would be too much in an election year."

I have no idea how the open war with DAESH/ISIS that is now in progress will affect the 2016 elections. The Democrats will try to take credit for all the US/EU victories and dodge the blame or defeats, and of course the Republicans will do the opposite ... which in practice amounts to rooting for the enemy, and so far it looks like most of them are stupid enough to do this. It's hard for me to imagine this status quo continuing into the actual election campaign, so far it's been totally impossible to try to predict what war strategies the two sides will advocate from here on in.

re: "If intelligence would listen to astrological forecasts, they would be on high alert (after the present transit which lasts though Christmas into the early next year) from February 22, then especially from 4/17/16 on because the sign means Islam, Mars is retrograde with Saturn. Thn July 4th is a sensitive time, then the last part of August will be bad just as it was this past summer from the 15th up... But hot war in the ME and the Mediterranean may only really start from 2017. I'd be surprised if it didn't. As a result, like SR argued in another thread (Is Islam a political ideology), Islam would be --- looked upon as weird after they try to reconquer Israel which is not going to go without exploding major atomics themselves."

I know from various leaks that the intelligence community has special units that do follow many different schools of Astrology and other divinatory systems ... not because the people involved believe they can make accurate predictions of the future, but simply because they know lots o people on the enemy side do believe.

re: "I'm more optimistic in India. There are good examples of Muslims having a high social status and who are totally accepted as parts of Indian culture, though it is true that some Muslim populations are victimized but these are not the type of people you can train to grab arms.
Years ago I was asked a question by free spirits: whether an impending conflict should rather strike in India/Pakistan in my opinion or the ME. I voted for the ME... don't know what this experience really meant but it sounded ominous at the time. I kind of hope the Pyramids of Egypt would survive. They already went through a lot of stuff..."

It doesn't look to me like either side in the present war would like India to one of the main battlegrounds. The Islamic side would realize they stood little chance of winning any meaningful vitories there, and the Western side would realize that India with its present social and political complexity wouldn't make a very good ally in a world war.
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

43PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:32 pm

I posted links in the Hman Body thread.  I think two of them are movies and can't paraphrase them.  Too much information there to do that.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin

44PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:57 am

LadyG, #43, re: "I posted links in the Human Body thread. I think two of them are movies and can't paraphrase them. Too much information there to do that."

The first link is indeed to a movie lasting an hour and a half, but the second is to an article that can be read on the linked page. However, IMO, neither of these bodies of information has much relevency to the attack on France and it's aftermath, and you may want to bump up the Human Body thread and we can discuss them there.

But I also see a reason for bumping up this thread, which has already branched out into a good general discussion of what may very well be the beginning phases of World War Three.

The recent terrorist attack in San Bernardino is evidence that "it can happen here". "It" being attacks by Islamic jehadists that result in hundreds of thousands of deaths. To me, the most frightening thing about this attack is that the two terrorists deliberately stopped after killing only fourteen people and successfully fled the scene, to be pursued and killed miles away after a car chase. There's no doubt in my mind that they could have killed hundreds of people if they'd just stayed in the building and kept shooting until an outside force was able to come in and neutralize them.

The reaction to this attack so far in this country gives me little reason to believe that neither the Democrats now controlling the White House, nor the Republicans who are giving their plans for what they'll do if elected in November of 2016, will actually be able to prevent another terrorist act on the scale of the 9/11/01 WTC attack. And I hate to have to say this, but the reason for this is most likely that there IS NO WAY to prevent another tragedy on this scale.

I hope I'm wrong, and I'm hoping that someone else reading this can see a light at the end of the tunnel that's not an on-coming train.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

45PostSubject: Re: France Attacked   

Back to top Go down

France Attacked
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2