Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Cancer and Healthcare Epidemic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Realityrebel
Admin

26PostSubject: Re: The Cancer and Healthcare Epidemic   Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:44 am

Lady Guinevere wrote:
BSSM wrote:
To answer your question

Cancer kills patients.

As to cancer feeding off sugar? No, I don't think you understand the complexities of cancer.

Now to your friend receiving morphine (the other drug was probably midazolam) your friend was receiving 'comfort care' This regime is common in the palliative stage and preferable to dying in excruciating pain.

Also, many people do survive many years after receiving chemotherapy.

I don't think that I conveyed that propery. I am wondering if those who don't have chemo and still have cancer, did they survive without the chemo?

I do understand the complexities of that horrible *host*, but many think of it as a disease only.  I don't have the time right now, but I can pull up all the reseach from Medical jurnals and what-nots and post the links here.  Then again, it is fruitless to do so as many don't even go to the links.
So I will leave it at that.

Oh BTW my typing is awful!

This is a very complicated matter, because cancer sometimes goes into "spontaneous remission" without treatment, and as far as I know medical science knows no more about what causes this today than they did before chemotherapy was invented. However, such cases are quite rare, and most doctors still recommend chemo for their patients.

And it's also true that chemo puts a lot of stress on the body, and if it doesn't work, the patient often gets very sick and dies in much shorter period of time than would have been the case if he or she had refused the chemo. I saw this happen to a friend of mine a few years back, and some of our other friends said he would have been better off to have refused the chemo. He still would have died, but he probably would have lived considerably longer, and not shown serious symptoms as soon. However, his doctors recommended that he take the chance and he went along with this. It's sort of a gamble: some people elect to throw the dice and others don't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
realikyBuilder
Admin

27PostSubject: Re: The Cancer and Healthcare Epidemic   Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:53 pm

SR#26 : "This is a very complicated matter, because cancer sometimes goes into "spontaneous remission" without treatment, and as far as I know medical science knows no more about what causes this today than they did before chemotherapy was invented. However, such cases are quite rare, and most doctors still recommend chemo for their patients.

And it's also true that chemo puts a lot of stress on the body, and if it doesn't work, the patient often gets very sick and dies in much shorter period of time than would have been the case if he or she had refused the chemo. I saw this happen to a friend of mine a few years back, and some of our other friends said he would have been better off to have refused the chemo. He still would have died, but he probably would have lived considerably longer, and not shown serious symptoms as soon. However, his doctors recommended that he take the chance and he went along with this. It's sort of a gamble: some people elect to throw the dice and others don't."

Yup and a friend of mine is still fighting her cancer and has undergone all the chemotherapy for monthes now and survived it. She's still a hard going, very active , strong willed and strong bodied Lady :

i guess that's because she practices very high level intimate magic and also because she has children she's determined to see and care for back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Realityrebel
Admin

28PostSubject: Re: The Cancer and Healthcare Epidemic   Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:43 pm

RB, #26, re: "Yup and a friend of mine is still fighting her cancer and has undergone all the chemotherapy for monthes now and survived it. She's still a hard going, very active , strong willed and strong bodied Lady: i guess that's because she practices very high level intimate magic and also because she has children she's determined to see and care for back."

I agree. My friend who died was one of those "magic groupies" who hang out a lot with occultists and possess a lot of knowlege about spiritual reality but never learned how to access their psychic powers or past life memories. And I believe that psychic self-healing has always been one of the main reasons I'm still alive ... as your friend seems to be doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://realityrebel.forummotions.com
Sponsored content

29PostSubject: Re: The Cancer and Healthcare Epidemic   

Back to top Go down

The Cancer and Healthcare Epidemic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2